Monday 20 July 2015

meet challenge admin - Penny Fisher

Penny Fisher

1. Your name, location
Penny Fisher, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Week xx 2014: DOTS by Penny Fisher

2. Describe your family
Busy home with 4 beautiful, creative, musical and active children, aged between 12 – 17 years. We are close knit and they are my inspiration and motivation.
Our pets include, a playful 5 year old groodle, Charlie, a canary and a goldfish.
Bonus week - Cocoon by Penny Fisher

3. Describe your work
I am a graphic designer and an illustrator. I design and produce everything from logos, business cards, packaging, brochures, signage, catalogues to posters. My illustration work is varied in style, from realism to imaginative and quirky. I enjoy traditional pencil and watercolour, mixing it up with digital art.

Week xx 2014: YARN

4. What is your career goal?
My dream is to be able to make a living creating art, designs and portraits for fashion labels, textiles, interiors, magazines and individuals. I would also love to illustrate children’s books and have a little design store where I can run a few art and design workshops.

Week xx 2014 - EAT by Penny Fisher

5. Describe your art background
As a child I enjoyed drawing, craft and sewing and was always making and doing things. I studied art, textiles and architecture at high school, knowing I had to do something creative as a career. After leaving school, I studied graphic design and have worked in the industry 20+ years. During this period I moved further away from traditional art not realising how much I missed it until, in 2010, I did a print making course and then in 2011, I commenced a diploma in fine arts. I thoroughly enjoyed the learning and the creative network of people. My world opened up and I felt like my creative juices were flowing again.
In 2014 I joined the 52 weeks illustration challenge, which gave me the spark to keep creating, to improve my illustration skills and explore new techniques. Through this group, new opportunities and connections have opened up for me, including having my work featured in a few art exhibitions; Scarborough Art Fair, Arts Brookfield Perth, RAW artists Wollongong, and a local artisanal store, Le Flanéur.
Week xx 2015: GREEN by Penny Fisher

6. What do you love about the Challenge?
Over this last year and a half, my passion for creating has been reignited and the challenge has helped motivate and inspire me in trying to complete a drawing each week. I have learnt new techniques, honed my illustration skills and made valuable friendships. The lovely sense of community has enveloped me and nurtured my creative spirit. It is also a lovely place to be able to share knowledge.
Week xx 2014: DOTS by Penny Fisher

7. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
In 1990 I started a fashion design course, one of my subjects was pattern making. I was getting married the following year and was able to design, and make my own wedding dress, which was inspired by a Mariana Hardwick ad in Vogue. I also designed and created the patterns for each of my bridesmaid’s dresses. I am also bit of a bower bird and collect art glass and anything vintage

Wedding dress Penny made

Follow Penny Online:

Facebook : www.facebook.com/onepennydesignillustration

Instagram: onepenny_design_illustration

Etsy: www.etsy.com/au/shop/onepennydesign

You can purchase Giclee prints and Custom Portraits via ETSY or direct by email: onepenny@optusnet.com.au 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.